How To Tether iPhone 3.0 for AT&T
AT&T has to realize we’re going to tether the iPhone with or without their help. Tethering allows you to use your mobile phone as a “modem” or bridge to the Internet with your other devices like laptop. No Wi-Fi Hot Spot freely available? No Worries.
- Mac OS X Leopard Required
- Install iTunes 8.2 Required
- Download this carrier settings file from gizmodo.com and double click it to mount it in Finder
- iPhone 3.0 (7A341) Gold Master final release
- Quit iTunes.
- Run Terminal and this script
defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using USB
- Go To Devices Summary in iTunes
- Option Click and hit Restore. Browse to and select ATT_US.ipcc. It is IMPORTANT to option click otherwise you will restore to previous iPhone back ups!
- Launch iPhone – General – Network – Internet Tethering – On
- If tethering is successful, you will see a message that is similar to the following:
- Go into Preferences Network select the adapter as displayed above, and you’ll see something similar to this as it becomes active. Select that adaptor